Hey guys! I’ve been meaning to do this post since my makeup routine, which was over a year ago! (I know, I know). Anyway, a lot of you have been asking what my skincare routine is, especially since I’ve been featuring a lot of skincare products on my blog, instagram and on twitter. But first, I want to let you know that I am in no way a professional, and my skin is so far from perfect it isn’t even funny. I have blemishes, I have breakouts, I have an uneven skin tone. But don’t we all?
Now, a little backstory: I had really bad acne when I was in high school and midway through college, so I started using stronger cleansers with bleach in it (ProActiv), and I would strongly recommend against using ProActiv. It bleached my clothes, bedding, towels, and ultimately stripped my skin of all its natural oils, dried out my skin and really hurt my eyes too! So I’ve started using more natural products, which have made such a huge difference for my skin.
1. Frank Body — Frank coffee scrub is amazing. Let me just rant for a little bit… Frank is an all-natural exfoliant that works wonders for those suffering with eczema, cellulite, acne and stretch marks! I have these gnarly stretch marks on my hips from weight fluctuation, and after a month of using Frank, they’re gone. Plus, it’s made from coffee, almonds and orange peel, so it smells. so. good.
2. Bioré Pore Strips — I have big pores and oily skin, the worst combination! But luckily, Bioré pore strips have saved my life multiple times. I use these once or twice a week to deep clean my face and maintain the oiliness. Plus, it’s kind of fun to take the strips off and see how much gunk you had on your face, right? Just me? Okay…
3. Lush Herbalism and Mask of Magnaminty — I’ll say it: Lush is expensive. But it’s worth it! I was so hesitant to buy anything the first time I walked into a Lush store. I had heard lots of good things about their products, but I wasn’t ready to fork over $30 for a tub of green stuff. However, I’m so glad I did! I bought Herbalism because it’s really good for oily and red skin, and it also really helps control my breakouts. I’ll be honest, I was attracted to the Mask of Magnaminty because I’m obsessed with everything mint and the way it makes your face feel. I use the Mask of Magnaminty twice a week and it really extracts dirt from my pores and leaves my skin feeling refreshed.
4. Yes To Blueberries — I used to be a Neutrogena girl through and through, but one day my eyes decided that Neutrogena’s makeup remover wipes really burned. So I decided to try Yes To’s Blueberry wipes, and I’ve never purchased a different brand. I love Yes To’s company mission, which is to spread happiness and saying “yes” more often. Their products are natural and free of bad things like parabens and petroleum, and it’s made with recyclable materials so it’s good for your face and good for the planet! Yes To also spreads positivity on their packaging, which is so refreshing and much better than seeing a generic “how to” on the package. Lastly, they give a portion of the proceeds to their Yes To SeedFund, which works with children to inspire healthier, happier lives through natural living.
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant — One of my friends turned me onto this daily moisturizer, and I love it! Prior to buying this lotion, I wasn’t using a moisturizer at all because my skin was too oily and adding more to it only made my skin look worse. Although, I learned that no matter how oily your skin may be, using a daily moisturizer is very, very important! This is the first moisturizer that actually evens out my skin tone, eliminates redness and moisturizes without making my face shiny and greasy. Plus, it has SPF to protect you in the sun and it’s also made from natural ingredients like soy!
6. Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub — I love exfoliating scrubs, but the scrub I was using before (St. Ives Apricot Scrub), was too harsh on my sensitive skin. So I decided to try this one out, and I love it! It has little beads in it (but it’s all-natural and they dissolve in warm water, so they don’t pollute the oceans with a million tiny microbeads!) This cleanser also mattifies my skin so it isn’t shiny after washing. Another great thing is that there’s no scent, which I know can be a little irritating especially for people with sensitive skin!
These are the products I’ve been using and loving! What do you use on your skin?